About one year ago, DSPORT was fortunate to participate in the Pirelli World Challenge and drive a Mazda Global MX-5 cup car. Now it’s your chance to do the same.
Long Road Racing will PAY your entry fees if you want to PLAY.
Long Road Racing in conjunction with the NASA Mid Atlantic Region announces the formation of the 2018 ND Cup presented by Long Road Racing. The ND Cup is for the 2016+ (ND) Global MX-5 cup race cars.
The only thing better than racing is FREE racing! Long Road Racing (LRR) will pay the entry fee for all ND Cup drivers competing in the 2018 ND Cup races.
Your entry fee will be paid for if you only race one weekend or if you race all of the weekends.
To participate in this new race series, follow these three easy steps:
1) Hold or acquire a current NASA Membership and NASA Competition License.
2) Enter any of the remaining 2018 NASA Mid Atlantic races (Just tell LRR you are racing – Info@LongRoadRacing.com) and LRR and NASA will take care of the rest.
3) Show up in a Mazda Global MX-5 cup car and race.
LRR will provide trophies for this race series, as well as a year-end special Air-Freshener Trophy! Who doesn’t need an air freshener in an open car? Of course, it’s OK to run the Mazda Motorsports hard top.
Each NASA weekend has two races. There are three dates on the schedule so you can get 6 RACES. Run as many races as you like.
- – Show up in a global MX-5 cup car (with or without a hardtop)
- – Have a supercharger or sequential? – we’ll work out the details
- – Follow NASA ST-5 rules
- – Follow the GMX-5 homologation document
- – BFGoodrich DOT approved dry tires (BFGoodrich homologated rain tires)
- – BFGoodrich Contingency Program (follow below link)
- – https://prizes.drivenasa.com/bfgoodrich-tires-contingency-program/
- – Participants will be registered as NASA ST-5 cars and appear that way on the NASA MA results
LRR will sort the GMX-5 cup cars out into ND Cup results and points.
Trophies, podium pictures, and of course, the coveted Championship Air Freshener will be awarded by LRR
In addition, all drivers will also be considered as ST-5 drivers and be eligible for existing, NASA ST contingency programs.
2018 ND Cup Schedule VIR Full Course
VIR Full Course
Summit Point Raceway (Main) August 25-26, 2018
VIR Full Course October 6-7, 2018
Summit Point Raceway (MAIN) November 10-11, 2018