Over in our machine shop, we show you the benefit of using the dry ice to fit in your cylinder sleeves more easily.
• Insert cylinder sleeves into cooler of dry ice and heat engine block to 250 ºF .
• Remove engine block after 30 minutes of heating.
• Use retaining compound on the block before inserting cylinder sleeves.
• Remove cylinder sleeves from cooler after 30 minutes.
• Slide cylinder sleeves into engine block. Use feeler gauge to make sure flats of sleeve are parallel.
• Place honing plate on block and torque head studs to ensure sleeves stay in place during the cooling process.
• You’re now ready to bore, deck, and hone to specifications.